I came to the desert seeking healing and learning, and boy did I find it! I am a Licensed Professional Counselor, with my academic career starting in 2007. With a Bachelors of Science in Psychology and Family Consumer Human Development from Utah State University, I preceded to graduate from Arizona State University with my Masters in Counseling in 2013.
I have been practicing now for 6 years and it has been such a wonderful learning experience. My clients are the bravest people I know, and I am honored to have been on their journey.
The populations I love to work with are teenagers (12 and up) and young adults/college age men and women.
P.S. I’ve given you the clinical important stuff. Now I’ll give you the dirt.
- One of my favorite plants is called the Sensitive Plant. When they are touched or bumped, they close up to protect themselves. Sound familiar?
- I’ve been obsessed with mindful movement ever since I could walk—climbing trees, playing soccer and other sports, trail running, and now moving and breathing Yoga.
- My all-time favorite way to get centered is through mindful movement, gardening, or journaling.
- Recently, I’m crazy about the ocean. We haven’t explored all the mystery in there, so obviously I believe in mermaids.
- Eagles, Dolphins, and Phoebe from Friends are my spirit animals.
- My favorite vegetable is an artichoke. And did you know when they flower, they smell like a Nike shoe right out of box?
- Brutus and Kiko are my two dogs. Let’s just say I don’t consider them as “just pets”, they are two of my top three best friends (if you are a dog/cat person, you may understand this:)).
- My husband Brock is my number one bestie.
- I recently adopted a Beta fish, named Cardi-B. She reminds me to keep it real.
- My favorite fleeting scent that can never be captured is the Creosote Bush after it rains. If you rub the leaves together, it literally smells like rain and a deep breath.
- I was sorted into Hufflepuff, wish I could major in Herbology, and I may or may not ask myself “What Would Dumbledore Do”?
- I have been to the Tropics, Europe, South America, and Mexico, but so far, my favorite travel destination is the Sequoia National Forest. It’s pure Magic.